Thursday, January 14, 2010

Songs of love




I sing to my kids all the time. Since we dont listen to music (except for some religious things without instruments) anymore, I would say my voice is probably the biggest source of music they get. However it makes me remember my mom. I cant imagine my kids will remember my voice the way I remember my mom's. I dont seem to ever remember hearing her sing bad our out of tune. I also dont know if she ever knew how much I loved listening to her. (Hey, MOM, I loved listening to you sing, thanks for doing it!) Sometimes I am too worried about getting everything done that I forget doing the things that matter most, like playing around and singing with my kids. I spend so much time making sure they are learning all different things and teaching them, but I wonder if I am teaching them to laugh and have fun, to love enough. So today, in memory and dedication to mom, I will make sure to have some fun today just loving them.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes as mom's we get carried away in "OUR" life, don't realize that kids just need simple little things to make them happy. MOM! your doing a awesome job! keep it up! love you!! and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I too loved listening to my mother sing. She was the only woman I knew who could pull the voice of Tanya Tucker perfect.

    ReplyDelete